Our Pregnant Dog!
So we finally did it; we made our dog take the plunge before us, we bred her! I am so excited! We bred her with the most beautiful papered Stud (male boxer). The best part is, dogs only have 2 month pregnancies; so her due date is March 20!
This is all assuming that it worked because there are really no "official" signs of pregnancy until they are one month in. And can you believe Jomby will not even know she is pregnant until a week or so before she has puppies??

The puppies will be so cute, Jomby (above) is ours, and Skidder (left) is a rare colored boxer, so their babies will be awesome! From the looks of Skidder they may look pretty fierce too. We will keep you posted when we start to see signs; although she is already showing small behavior changes, like eating less, so that should be a good sign.
Now that our baby is having babies we will be happy parents of puppies for the next little while!

6 Comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome Rach! What a fun family!! i tell you this all the time, but you have such a calm & peaceful demeanor and that is such a rare quality! Thanks for your example of strength, especially during the challenges you've been called upon to endure!! Love ya!

Jenningsclan said...

Hey! I am so glad to hear from you. Awesome for your dog! We should do the same with ours but I am too busy staying pregnant myself :) Only 5 more weeks and baby #4 will be here! Keep in touch
amanda and family

Linae said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you have a blog! Very cute! I must say that I am quite jelous of Jomby and her two month pregnancy, WHAT!!!!????? It is hard for me to imagine her a mother, she will be so cute with her puppies! Good luck! Love ya!

♥ Natalie said...

Welcome to the bloggin' world! Great pics of the dog... now we need to see some pictures of you and Bill! (Don't be shy!!) It will be fun to keep in touch this way. I learn so much more about friends and family through blogging than I normally would. Our blog is set to private, so I will email you an invite to view ours. Have a great day! ~ Marc and Natalie

shannonb said...

Yeay Rachel... so good to see you have a blog. Don't worry, even though you don't have kids you can find stuff to post about. :) And just wait, we'll be updating things w/ baby stuff before we know it! :) See ya in the morning.

Erika Amezquita said...

Wow I cant believe Jambi is pregnate! It's so much fun to have puppies! They're always so cute and adorable and it's going to be hard to say goodbye to them (been there!). I'm glad you're blogging now, how fun! It's a great way to keep in touch with everyone, much better than myspace! Cant wait to see pictures of the new puppies!